About Wes Molebash
My name is Wes Molebash and drawing cartoons is sorta my thing.
My last name is pronounced just like it’s spelled: Mole-bash. And, yes, I’ve been called “Whack-a-Mole” more times than I can count.
While watching a behind-the-scenes feature on the making of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”, I discovered that a person could make a living drawing cartoons. I was nine-years-old at the time, and I’ve been chasing the dream ever since.
I like all kinds of music: classical, jazz, country, rock, folk, techno . . . you name it. I go through phases with each genre. When I wear myself out on one genre, I just move on to the next.
I never really cared much for sports until I became an adult.
I met my wife, Kari, on eHarmony.
My favorite meal is steak and potatoes. I don’t eat any vegetables or fruit. This diet is often ridiculed by my wife and my mother.
The cartoonists who’ve inspired and influenced me the most through the years are as follows: Bill Watterson, Jeff Smith, Michael Jantze, Doug Tennapel, Ben Caldwell, and Mike Krahulik.
My wife and I attend and serve at Centerpoint Church in Chillicothe, OH. It’s pretty rad.
Connect With Me!
Here’s some stuff I wrote for some other bloggers and cartoonists!
[Prodigal Magazine] Your Life Is Boring, But You Can Still Write Good Stories
[Churchwith.us] Hypocrites, Heretics, And The Rest Of Us Who Are Right
[Multiplex] Multiplex: The Card Game Art By Wes Molebash
[Moth and Ethan] Wish
[SOPC] The Value Of Small Group Diversity
Interviews and Reviews!
If you’d like to interview me, just send me a message and we’ll make it happen!
Inkd: Author Feature: Wes Molebash, Creator of Insert IMG
The Christian Post: Artist Envisions ‘Most Epic I Am Second Video Ever’
Draw Me A Robot: Wes Molebash
The Underfold: Insert Image Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
R-Squared Comicz: Christian Comic Creator Interview #81: Wes Molebash
The Webcomic Police: Insert Image
Churched Man: Friday: Webcomic
My Creative Autobiography!
Tools of the Trade!
Here’s a list of the various tools I use to draw cartoons and write blogs:
- I use a mechanical Pentel pencil with 0.7 blue lead
- I use DESiGN rubber kneaded erasers
- I ink with a Pentel Pocket Brush and Higgins Black Magic Ink (or Sumi ink – whatever’s on the table)
- I draw on smooth Strathmore Bristol Board (I mainly use 9X12, 11X14, and 14X17 size sheets)
- For measurements and straight-edges, I use a three-foot T-square. I also use an 18-inch ruler with cork backing and a see-through drafting ruler
- I scan my drawings into the computer with a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner
- My computer is a 13″ MacBook Pro
- I edit and color my artwork in Photoshop CS3 with a 12″ Wacom Cintiq
- My comic blog is powered by WordPress with the Easel theme
The cartoons, comics, and blog posts on this site are my own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Centerpoint Church.
Want to join the Insert Image community? Please read the comment policy!
Photos by Cassidy Dawn Photography.
Logo design by Gabe Taviano.